- Static testing
- Dynamic (functional) testing
Static testing is important and can be useful to help monitor various conditions and clinical situations, but dynamic testing is the crux of a functional medicine clinic.
Lab Quick Start:
If you want to dive in and start quickly, I recommend performing baseline testing on all new patients. This baseline consists of:
- Standard labs (CBC, Chem panel, UA, iron with ferritin, 25 OH D, blood typing)
- Vitamin and mineral analysis (Spectracell)
- Food Allergy testing (Elisa Act)
- Genetic testing for gluten (Gluten Free Society)
- Pre and Post Heavy Metal Testing (Doctor’s Data)
- Other tests can be ordered based on your patient’s presentation and history.
Some excellent resources for functional medicine labs are listed below or for more detailed info, you can visit our FM Lab Science Library Here<<<:
- Doctor’s Data – provide an excellent stool test to evaluate for pathogenic infection, digestion, malabsorption, and much more.
- Genova Diagnostics
- Doctors Data – Provides excellent pre and post provocation urine analysis for heavy and toxic metals.
- Spectracell Labs – Provide an excellent panel for the determination of intracellular vitamin and mineral deficiencies.
- Gluten Free Society (Genetic screening for gluten sensitivity)
- Elisa Act Biotechnologies (delayed food allergies) – You can view a comprehensive scientific video presentation here <<<
Click >>>Here<<< To Learn More About The Functional Medicine Laboratory Science.
If you need a good resource for low cost standard medical lab testing:
- Doctor’s Choice – a coop for doctors to use Quest labs at discount pricing.